This is not a complete listing of the items in volumes 5-14. These were apparently originally loose documents that were bound in the volumes in 1979. However, the list notes the most prominent and/or important types of records included in each volume.
Vol. 1: Minutes of Annual Meetings and Executive Council, 1859-1875
Vol. 2: Minutes of Annual Meetings and Executive Council, 1875-1894
Vol. 3: Minutes of Board of Trustees, 1873-1891
Vol. 4: Minutes of Executive Committee, 1873-1879
Vol. 5 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements, 1895-1912”]:
- Minutes of the Council, Executive Council, and Annual Meetings, 1894-1912; also includes financial statements, necrologies, and occasional ephemera.
Vol. 6 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements, 1911-1920”]:
- Minutes of the Executive Council & Annual Meetings, 1913-1920; also includes presidents’ and treasurers’ reports, necrologies, correspondence, committee reports, programs and other ephemera.
Vol. 7 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statement, Annual Reports, 1920-1928”]:
- Minutes of the Executive Council & Annual Meetings, 1920-1927; also includes presidents’ and treasurers’ reports, correspondence, committee reports, necrologies (up through 1925), and programs.
Vol. 8 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements, Constitution, Membership Lists, 1928-1935”]:
- Minutes of the Executive Council & Annual Meetings, 1928-1935;
- “Review of the Financial History & Funds of the Association of the Alumni of the College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York,” c. 1936 (40 p.);
- Membership lists, c.1930s.
Vol. 9 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements and Letters, Constitution, 1872-1894”]:
- Minutes, correspondence, and financial records relating to the establishment and maintenance of the Alumni Association Pathological Laboratory, the Cartwright Lecture and various Alumni Prizes, 1873-1894
- Commencement programs and tickets, annual dinner menus, and other ephemera, 1870s-1880s
- Financial reports, 1872-1873
- Treasurers’ report, 1892/93-1893/94
- Constitutions and By-laws, 1898
- Annual reports of the Alumni Association Pathological Laboratory, 1883/84 – 1888/89, 1890/91
- Necrologies, 1888/89, 1890/91-1893/94
- Agreement to form University Alumni Council of Columbia College, 1895
- Executive Committee minutes, 1893
Vol. 10 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements and Letters, 1895-1946”]:
- Necrologies, 1894/95-1899/1900, 1903/04
- Treasurer’s Reports, 1894/95-1898/99, 1903/04
- Executive Committee: annual reports, 1895/96-1896/97
- P&S Centennial (1907): program, menu, seating chart, etc.
- Reports of the Alumni Association Fellows in Anatomy, 1900-1905
- Alumni Council of Columbia University: minutes and reports, 1895-1899
- List of books donated to the Pathology Dept. library by Dr. G.C. Freeborn
Vol. 11 [spine title: “Minutes and Financial Statements, 1900-1910”]:
- Prize Fund Committee minutes, 1869-1880
- Dedicated Funds Financial Statements, 1900/01 – 1911
Vols. 12-14 [spine title: “Archives”]:
A miscellany of material relating to P&S. Included are photos of selected pages of John Jones’s Plain Concise Practical Remarks on the Treatment of Wounds and Fractures (1775); 20th century articles on colonial medical education and on founding faculty member Samuel Clossy; a copy of Arthur Purdy Stout’s history of P&S; admission and matriculation tickets, commencement programs, and other ephemera; illustrations of former P&S buildings.
Minutes of Annual Meetings and Executive Council, 1935-1939, 1954-1962 (3 folders)