Minutes of miscellaneous committees of the Presbyterian Hospital Board of Trustees. Included are those of the Auditing, 1971-1980 (1 v.); Development, 1956-1958 (1 v.); Doctors’ Offices, 1974-1985 (3 v.); Nursing, 1947-1956 (1 v.); Planning, 1956-1957, 1962-1967, 1976-1977, 1981-1987 (4 v.); and Special, 1977-1981 (6 v.) Committees.
The Doctors’ Offices Committee was responsible for recommending physicians for office privileges in the Hospital’s Dana Atchley Pavilion (now the Herbert Irving Pavilion), financial matters, and policies and procedures. The Nursing Committee dealt with both the Hospital’s Nursing Service and the nursing school. The Auditing Committee records include not only minutes but also financial statements and auditor’s reports. The Development Committee was responsible for planning and construction; its minutes overlap with those of the Planning Committee into which it was later merged.
The Special Committee was appointed in June 1977 to work with McKinsey & Co. in drafting a strategic plan for the Hospital. It later was responsible for oversight of reimbursement, occupancy rates, and regionalization.
Closed for 50 years from date of creation.